A dynamic firm established in early 2003, Denise Zheng Lawyers has mainly provided legal and notarial services to the local and overseas clients.
Denise Zheng, the founder, and principal of the firm has a solid experience in commercial litigation, property law and conveyancing, wills and probate, and intellectual property law. Denise graduated with a Bachelor of Commerce and a Bachelor of Laws (Combined Degrees) from the University of New South Wales has become a solicitor since 1999. She has also been a public notary.
- Public Notary
- Lawyer of the Supreme Court of NSW, the High Court of Australia and the Federal Court of Australia
- The Society of Notaries of New South Wales Inc.
- The Law Society of New South Wales
Please refer to “Successful Cases” on this website.
Denise Zheng has been interviewed in recent years by TVBA on the following topics:
(a) employment issues faced by the Working Holiday Visa Holders, refugees and illegal migrants in Australia and the responsibilities of the employers. The interview appeared in the TV Programme “Public Forum” on 4 July 2011.
(b) the changes to the immigration law (skill migration points system) taking effect from 1 July 2011. The interview appeared in the “Australian News” on TV on the 12th and 15th November 2010.
Denise Zheng was interviewed by a journalist from the Australian New Express Daily (“the Daily”). An article about Denise’s story was reported in the newspaper on 4 April 2009 and it now appears on the Daily’s website. Please visit the following link for the complete article:
Denise Zheng Lawyers – Australian New Express Daily Article
A further article was reported in the Daily on 18 April 2009 after a follow-up interview. Denise Zheng commented on the effect of recent changes to the legislation and policy of foreign investors purchasing properties in Australia and its impact on the property market. The article is also available via the following link:
Denise Advises on Foreign Investment.
(a) Awards and Appointments:
- Appointed as an Overseas Committee Member by the Shanghai Federation Of The Returned Overseas Chinese (July 2018)
- Became a member of the Shanghai Overseas Returned Scholars Association (June 2018)
- Appointed as a Member of Shanghai Huangpu Overseas Friendship Association (September 2017)
- Appointed as an Overseas Committee Member by the Shanghai Huangpu District Federation Of The Returned Overseas Chinese (January 2017)
- Awarded for Denise’s contribution to the community in the legal service by the New South Wales Government (9 July 2007)
- Elected as a vice president of the Australian Asian Business Federation (2007)
- Appointed as the Legal Advisor by the Lions Club of Sydney Waratah (19 May 2006)
- Appointed as the Legal Advisor by the Shunde Association of Australia Inc. (30 May 2004)
- Appointed as the Legal Advisor by the Australian Asian Business Federation (8 January 2004)
(b) Major Community Projects Undertaken:
- Appointed as the “Event-In-Charge” by the Australian Asian Business Federation in the NSW-Guangdong Shunde Trade & Investment Conference (which is part of the 5th World Conference of Shunde Worldwide Friendship Association) and greatly involved in the preparation and running of the event.
- Invited by the Australian Asian Business Federation to give “the Import & Export Seminar – Custom’s Law and Regulation and Recent Developments” to the local community and interviewed by TVBJ.
- Urgently arranged a comprehensive court visit to the Supreme Court of New South Wales and court attendance to the Delegation Group from “Hubei Provincial People’s Procuratorate P.R. China”, and thereafter initiated and provided a detailed discussion of the civil and criminal litigation to the Delegation Group.
- Provided a very formal full-day seminar on the Australian legal system and commercial law to a large Business Delegation Group from Zhejiang Province, China at the University of Sydney.
- Provided a detailed introduction to the Australian Legal System and a comparison of the laws between Australia and China to the Lawyers’ Delegation Group from Shanghai, China.